Mâcon Pierreclos Rouge 2016
Hand picked grapes from our high-elevation vineyards, this unique spicy Gamay is light bodied and fruity, pairing well with both red meat and seafood.
- 70+ year old vines at the top of Pierreclos’ hills (500-700m)
- 100% Gamay
- Very low yield production (25hL/Ha)
- Sandy soils
- 100% hand-picked
- 10-day carbonic maceration in concrete tank
- Juice warmed and pumped-over skins during fermentation
- Aged in stainless tanks
- 13% alcohol
- Appearance: Medium intensity ruby red
- Nose: Initially pure red cherry, followed a fresh cloud of strawberry and raspberry. Light note of black pepper.
- Mouth: Dry, soft, and full-bodied. The fresh red fruits are present, built on a nice spiced back-palate. This is an intense, fresh, red wine, with soft tannins and good balance. A milk chocolate note creates a nice finish.
- For the most enjoyable tasting, pour the wine between 14° – 16° C.
- Drink anytime in the next ten years. After five years in the bottle, Gamay develops an intense ripe cherry flavor.
- This Gamay is perfect to enjoyed with all types of charcuterie, like a fresh dry sausage, or some Italian salami. It would also go great with BBQ like rib steak, sausage, or flank steak with shallots! Gamay is the kind of light red wine that marries well with chocolate desserts, like chocolate fondant, or pie.